Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Spike n Mike's Wall of Shame



Was rather honoured while in Annecy to be asked by Craig "Spike" Decker to stick a doodle on his enormous mural, as seen here. My poxy scribbles appeared alongside such notaries and luminaries as Pete Doctor, Mike Judge, John Lasseter, Nick Park, Bill Plympton etc. Indeed it's a bit of a "Who's Who" of the animation industry - enormous sheet of paper. Apparently I'm the last person to put a dedication on it as he needs to start a new sheet now - this one has taken over 10 years to fill! I made sure I got in two, mind you - an established character in BOB THE BUILDER and hopefully one for the future in FRANKENSTEIN'S CAT.

Thanks to Martin Bell (NOT the war correspondent) for sending these pictures through- cheers, man!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was well nervous taking them pictures.. paranoid I was gonna spill my beer on it or something!

xx

Sandra Khoo said...

Awwweeesome blog this! Please keep on posting!!! ^____^

justinpatrickparpan said...

Hey man, theres some really cool work on your blog. Wow, you got to imortalize yourself on the Spike and Mike mural--I'm impressed sir, and a tad bit jealous.

P.S. Thanks for the kind words you left on my blog.

Jo Bling said...

Evening all

Martin, you're a star sir, and the only proof that I actually DID those bloomin' doodles. Cheers chief!

Sandra, nice to meet you my dear! Liking your own work too, so it's lovely to hear from you. Pull up a chair...

Justin. Enough of our mutual adoration already, ya big crayon lug! ;-) The Sick N Twisted mural was indeed a bit of a treat for me. I had some shorts on their festival last year, GOOD CAT BAD CAT, and they're looking to support my future projects which is really pretty cool of them!

dragonhead said...

OH yeah, that's right, those cats shorts were on the Spike and Mike thing.

dragonhead said...

Just looking at those images again, trying to figure out who else is on there.
I see Happy Tree Friends, Don Hertzfeldt, Wallace and Gromit, a few Pixar characters, something that looks like it's from that "Bob's Birthday" Canadian cartoon, and that's all I can recognize from the images.

Gordon Fraser said...

The geezer in the jeans has a wooden beer pump hanging outta his bum!

Jo Bling said...

French, no doubt, Gordon... French...