Thursday, June 22, 2006

Biteneck Beatniks sketchbook 2




And here's some more of the same, featuring more of the early pencilwork including some rough thumbs for a comic that I still want to get off the ground in collaboration with Dark Horse newbie and all round talented egg Ian Culbard.

The characters up top are the Wererat Pack, a gaggle of lounge singing hoods who have yet to make it to the art show. Sammy, Frank and Peter are there - there's only Deano missing. He's probably in the bar...

4 comments:

I. N. J. Culbard said...

This I like. I always love seeing sketchbooks.

Nice work.

Jo Bling said...

Cheers chaps! It's always the part of a portfolio that I head for, the sketchbooks. There's that bit more energy in a thumbnail or scribble than you'll usually get in a finished piece.

Stephen M. Levinson said...

Awsome drawings!! They look great!

I remember seeing your vinyl character that was made! it came out great!

Steve
www.stephenstudios.com

Jo Bling said...

heya Stephen

You saw more of that than I did- we talking about the DEADHEADS figures here from FLYING CAT? Yeah, never got to the stores, that one, although higher hopes of BITENECK BEATNIKS. You see that in Hong Kong or New York? Nice to meetcha btw!