Thursday, June 01, 2006

Dropped at the Gates...



As per INJun's request, this is THE first painting I did after work on MARS ATTACKS that got me onto the path of doing what I really wanted to do ie: design and create/paint my on characters. Up to that point I'd been relatively content as a cog in a bigger machine, working as a trimmer/seamer, prop painter, modeller and the like. To be honest on feature film pay I was quite happy. But there was always a part of me that wanted to be doing the creative side myself rather than following the lead from another.

It used to look great on my business card, this image. Very spooky and slightly chilling. Shall see if I can get snaps of the other paintings from the CROMBIES series. They're all framed and on the wall at home so I'll get jiggy with the camera.

1 comment:

dragonhead said...

Yes, please "get jiggy with it!". The camera that is. :)