Saturday, March 18, 2006

So good they named it twice...

New York proving decidedly lovely/chilly/familiar. Got to the Tribeca Grand Hotel last night and managed to muster up enough energy to go out and have a meal at a proper family run Trattoria round the corner on the edge of Soho. Emma's choice was fishy fayre- squid, octopus, shrimp and other deep sea insects. Bleeurgh!

Off to visit some galleries and Toy Tokyo today. Woo and indeed hoo! I'd like to say that I'm on a mission from God, too, but I'm not, it's from Ian Culbard. Ian is working on me developing the BB's so he's asked me to snaffle as many pictures of New York street scenes/atypical props and sights as possible- street signs, traffic lights etc. All in the name of research, you understand.....

6 comments:

I. N. J. Culbard said...

"I want pictures, Parker, pictures!!!!"

Put it this way, if I can google it, then you've failed, so you better be bringing us back some of the 'special stuff'.

Get to it, you 'research monkey' you!

Jo Bling said...

You know, it's very difficult trying to fit such Anneka Rice-esque capers in around my wife's 30th birthday and the fact that Terry Jones is in the room next door to ours....

Celeb gloating aside, let's see how we get on in Soho tomorrow morning before we fly back.

Andrew Glazebrook said...

Have Kinnon and Jane been with you in the Big Apple ??

I. N. J. Culbard said...

Why are you here blogging? Why aren't you out taking pictures?

Also, could you ask Terry what the hell he thinks he's doing in New York and where the hell is that research material I asked him to do a fortnight ago?

By the way, have you and Jones played the entertainer together in the buff yet? Like you used to back at college?

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog. Are you going to do 'Who Do You Think You Are?' Cousin Cassie

Jo Bling said...

Kinnon and jane were over the week before us, coming back as we got over there. "I recognised his foul stench..." :-D

INJun- get off my back, man- you're, like, bringing me down, baby!! ;-) Google is bound to turnip some treats but in the meantime I have some nice pics from Soho which is quintessentially beatnik country.

Hey Cousin Cassie! How did you find this then? Glad you did though, as this means that it's out there somewhere and folks can find me. I think you have to be famous, or at least infamous, to do that show! Nobody needs to see a tubby ginger fella sobbing because the last man to be hung in a gibbet in the UK was a distant relative....