Thursday, April 13, 2006

Shadey Ray and Stone Cold Rosie



Two more of the BB RED series, SHADEY RAY and STONE COLD ROSIE come as a pair. Ray owes more than a little to any self-respecting blind jazz pianoman, and as such is one of my favourite BB character paintings. I was really finding a rhythm with these smaller pieces by the time I'd got to the REDS, and I've been able to do some more interesting compositions. The BLACK BBs are at sketchbook stage at the minute.

Nice trip to London yesterday, had some cracking meetings with cracking people and have returned "oop north" re-energised re: projects. Lots to do on all fronts and, as ever, i don't want to go into too much detail on here because

(a) counting chickens before they've hatched is a foolish thing
(b) long way to go yet- Frankenstein's Cat has been in development for a few years to get to where it's currently at
(c) it's boring, especially if I'm secretive about what those things are!

In Other News...

Dropped paintings off at Darlington Arts Centre today- the BB show should kick off there the week after next. Interestingly I see Rentaghost the Stage Play is starting there too, which keeps the Joe Pasquale connection bubbling along nicely.

Cough is feeling much better- I can actually rattle out a sentence of conversation now without regurgitating a lung in the process. Ashcroft was wrong- the drugs DO work, you just need to be taking the right ones. This post is dedicated to Amoxycillin: I love you, man!

Bada bling!

9 comments:

Andrew Glazebrook said...

Here's a great pic of a days worth of what Curtis coughed up !
http://tinyurl.com/q242q

You pics are nice...give me one !!! A pic I mean !

Jo Bling said...

Actually that looks like a vegetable soup from Fatso's......

Andrew Glazebrook said...

Is it Solyent Green ???

Jo Bling said...

Soylent Green? Is that one of the new Dulux range off that advert? Doesn't look green at all- it's more pink than anything else, and I swear there were some curly hairs in the pot I got too.......

Andrew Glazebrook said...

Get yourself a little Avatar that will show up when you post messages like wot I got and others have !!

sheriffmitchell said...

soylent green is people!

Andrew Glazebrook said...

So is McDonald's !

Jo Bling said...

Tish and fie! Next you'll be professing that Andy Dusfrene breaks out at the end of Shawshank!

I. N. J. Culbard said...

Nice pictures. Pretty pictures. Me, like. Pictures good.