Friday, February 23, 2007

Monstrously good news!

WE SOLD OUR HOUSE!!!

After 8 months on the market and now with our second estate agents it's finally been sold. This being the first time I've ever sold a home I'm not in a hurry to go through the experience again. Tres stressful. We've found a lovely house at the other end, in Warrington, Cheshire, and our offer there has also been accepted. We've been told to expect to move in in 6-8 weeks!

Sadly, this does mean I won't be attending the Red Stick Festival this year as both events collide. I hope to be there next year though on double the schedule!

Been a busy couple of weeks post-Animex with Frankenstein's Cat production design work kicking up a gear. I designed a couple of episodes this week (a pet pageant episode and a Halloween one) and the scripts are providing lots of room for fun new designs.

A completed episode, with full music score, is winging it's way to me as I type - the only thing that's missing is the credits and a title sequence, something we've yet to settle on. I personally can't get the beginning of SPONGEBOB out of my head!

Thanks to Glazey for his kindly compositing work as ever ;-)

15 comments:

dragonhead said...

"this does mean I won't be attending the Red Stick Festival this year"
Awwww... :( Though I am glad that you finally sold your house.

"I personally can't get the beginning of SPONGEBOB out of my head!"
I don't know what to say other than 'Spongecat Frankenpants'.

Andrew Glazebrook said...

Glad you've finally sold your house !! I thought if you didn't sell it soon I'd see you and Emma on one of those daytime TV shows trying to flog it.

Send over other pics when you want !!

Tim Bye said...

Looks great! I look forward to seeing some on tv! Great paintings also!

Unknown said...

THese characters are brilliantly fun and awesome!!

Paul Tuller said...

CONGRATZZZ! Wow that Frankenstien is awesome!! I love the style

Jo Bling said...

Dragonhead - nope, won't be able to make it this year. Gutted too.

Glazey - our house has already BEEN on one of those programmes, Escape To The Country, just before we bought it. Will do on the pix...

Tim, Alina and Paul - cheers guys!

Niel Bushnell said...

I for one am apalled and disgusted that you've finally sold it. I need councelling for the trauma.

I'll be speaking to my lawyers.

Andrew Glazebrook said...

I'm disgusted that he turned down my offer first,I think a fiver was pretty good going seeing as though he couldn't sell it !!

Josh Parpan said...

The work looks fantastic Curtis,I can't wait to see some finished animation! Are there any plans on bringing the show to the US?

Jo Bling said...

Mr Bushnell - there'll always be a special potting shed for you at the new house, I promise thee!

Glazey - I never got that offer mail matey, otherwise it'd be yours by now!

Josh - yep, US Broadcaster should be confirmed any week now!

dragonhead said...

"US Broadcaster should be confirmed any week now!"
Yey! :)

Josh Parpan said...

Great news!

Andrew Glazebrook said...

Is BBC Worldwide a station or just the distribution arm of the BBC ?

Jo Bling said...

Glazey - I think it's just a distribution wing of the BBC. They do hsve funding that allows them to commission and part-commission projects, but they don't have a channel per se that I know of. I'm pretty sure they're closely connected to BBC News 24.

jim bradshaw said...

Congrats. Love your cat character. I too would like to see this in the USofA.