Saturday, December 09, 2006

NOT my handiwork.......

Go on. Admit it. This picture excited you, doesn't it, in ways that are wrong on so many levels. Don't be embarassed. You're only human. Who could resist the appeal of a naked preschool builder with a strategically placed hammer to hide is toolbox?

I tumbled across this painting online by a lady named Suzanne Ozolins. I can safely say that I never envisaged that use of a toolbelt when Bob was designed, and I certainly never imagined him to have any nipples, strange, innocent, androgenous and sexless beast that he is :-D Thanks for Bob De Milo Suzanne!

Further to Suzanne's erotic Bob stylings, how I WISH I'd had one of these pinatas on the bleakest blackest days of Bob production. There weren't that many to be fair, but occasionally work on the show (like any job) could get one down. How much relief would I have experienced with a handy cricket bat and one of these babies??? :-D

Talking of all things Bob, I went to their Xmas party on Thursday night, and a most pleasant time I had indeed, catching up with all my old chums from the studio. Interestingly my producer from there is leaving and setting up shop at a different possibly more famous puppet animation studio in the UK to head up their development. Suffice to say I'll be pitching some projects her way when she's settled in.

Some of the production animation has started coming through from Kayenta and Quatre 21 studios in Paris for Frankenstein's Cat. Have to say I'm now more excited than ever by the show and it's look, as we've moved on such a long way from the work we did on the pilot teaser episode, ageing the whole show up with a more sophisticated design look and animation style. The stuff they're turning out is beautiful and has taken mine and Mackinnon & Saunders' breath away - they've done SO much more than we could have imagined. I look forward to the chance to post production artwork on here but I have to wait on permission from broadcasters for that call.

I know my artwork posts have been thin on the ground but hopefully I'll be able to start posting a few pieces again on the blog, starting with Bob Solo and Chewbobba...

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. It's me again from A Productions. I can't believe I last posted a comment on here back in July. Where has the year gone?

I just wanted to mention that we're looking forward to starting production on the British side of animation on Frankenstein's Cat. The final crew is just starting to come together and we get going in January. I say "we" but unfortunately I will not actually be directly involved. Which is a shame but I guess it leaves me to do other things, what ever they are.

I believe you met Jane, the animation director, at the resent London voice record. You'll be glad to know that she said you were very nice.

Jo Bling said...

Hi Paul

Thanks for calling by, squire. I did indeed meet Jane the other week at the voice record and lovely she was too! I believe we were recording one of yours, or "A"s, episodes.

Looking forward to coming down to Bristol to meet you all in the New Year - not sure how much of the recent Paris work you've seen but I found it pretty breathtaking fella!

Hop you DO get to be involved along the way, Paul.

Unknown said...

HA ! HA !! AWESOME!

Unknown said...

HA ! HA !! AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

Hey Curtis,
It's Gilly Fogg here. Now living in Nova Scotia, Canada. Could you e-mail me your phone number please, I need to ask you something. Congratulations on your second daughter, Larry and I have another little girl as well. Harriet is 2 1/2 and little Pearl is 11 months. I guess we've all been busy. Please e-mail me at gillyfogg@hotmail.com

xx and Merry Christmas to you ans Emme, Gilly

Chris Battle said...

Pinatas are the most sincerest from of flattery. You have definitely arrived.

Martin Hsu said...

hahahahah amazing!!!!!!!!!

SILVER KNIGHT said...

hilarious! awesome work! ;)

Jo Bling said...

Gilly - good to hear from you m'dear! Hope life is treating you well away from the rigours of Bob the Builder!

Chris - pinatas indeed, fella. There's also giant inflatable street parade versions of Bob I see in the US. You'd never get owt like that over here in Blighty, I can tell you... ;-)

Martin, Roland and Alina - like I say, I'd like to take credit for these but strictly speaking they aint my work!

Anonymous said...

Bob with nipples,who'd have thought it :) Did she say why she'd done this pic ?

Anonymous said...

Bob is live at Skegness Butlins! Saw him in the summer.

Sam said...

Ahahaha, this is amazing!! I love it!!!

Alfredotron said...

wow the birth of bob is sumethin i didnt picture like that at all
ahaha great fanart

and the pinhata looks awesome ..

cheers man

Gordon Fraser said...

Hey Curtis! Great to finally get to meet you! Hope you had lots of signings...(at least more than the hippy from Whitby upstairs!!) Gonna have a read of the book tonight, if the kids let me that is, hope there's no joined up words!!

Anonymous said...

Nice work!!

Jo Bling said...

Gordon - you and Derren Brown mate, seperated at birth. That said, without the beanie on I'm sure things would look different! :-D Hope the book went down well and thanks again sir!

Richtoon - thanks for calling in, Mister!

Sam and Alfredo - cheers fellas, much appreciated. Again, I hasten to claim no responisbility for the artwork in this post :-D

dragonhead said...

"Erotic Bob"... Wrongness on so many levels. :)